(click to watch the video)
This video shows a widget for displaying three characteristics (velocity vs. distance) in a LineChart node and a tabbed TableView node. The two nodes provide different views on the same data.
The widget comes with the following features:
- hovering over a data point in the chart will show a popup with the x and y values.
- selecting a data point in the chart will select the corresponding data item in the table view and vice versa.
- when a data item was edited in the table view, the chart will update immediately.
- three colour pickers allow for changing the line colours in the chart.
- import and export data from sources like CSV, Excel, HDF5 (to be done).
These features were implemented using JavaFX bindings, events, animations, and CSS styling.